Family members use many approaches when dividing emotionally valued assets following a death in the family. Who gets personal property is an issue frequently ignored until a crisis occurs. Are you prepared for the challenge?
Join Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County for a free session of Who Gets Grandma's Yellow Pie Plate from 2:00-4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 16 at the Dormann Library, 101 West Morris St., Bath. Explore the sensitivity of guiding the passing on of personal possessions with CCE-Steuben Financial Educator Nancy Reigelsperger. Some of the highlights of their workshop include:
· Successful non-titled property transfer
· Initiating discussions about sensitive issues
· Determining what "fair" means
· Identifying and sharing stories about the special objects
· Managing conflicts
· Necessary legal estate documents.
Registration is limited to 25 participants, so register soon by calling 607-664-2300. For more information visit www.PutKnowledgeToWork.org.